OPHIR FIELD PROTOCOLS AND WAIVERS
- All equipment (goals) will be cleaned every day before the first usage and after the last training.
- Benches and other non-essential equipment will be removed from the turf and locked to minimize exposure.
- Cleaning personnel will wear disposable gloves and facemasks. Surfaces will be cleaned using soap and water and then with disinfectant. Ophir will use EPA disinfectants in compliance with CDC guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting Facilities
- The Turf surface will be sprayed from time to time with an anti-microbial disinfectant spray that is nonflammable, non- corrosive, and odorless.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be accessible.
- Gloves and disposable facemasks will be available. As detailed below users are expected to bring them and wear them while using Ophir.
- In the event of a suspected COVID-19 case or confirmed case CDC protocols should be followed and the field should not be used for 24 hours.
- No centralized hydration station at any Phase. Players, Coaches, trainers should bring their own water and the container should have their name.
In addition to all Federal, State, local and Manhattanville College Guidelines and protocols the following should be implemented:
- Coaches/ volunteer/ Staff must fill out the Wellness form (Appendix III) prior the beginning of each rental session;
- Coaches, volunteers and/or Staff who have tested positive for COVID-19, are symptomatic, or who have had a known exposure to a confirmed case of COVID- 19 will be excluded from participation according to the CDC guidance and will only be allowed to return with a clearance note from their physician;
- Coaches must sign the waiver attached as Appendix I hereto;
- Coaches or their staff should follow the return to play protocol described below;
- Coaches must ensure that all athletes have their own individual equipment (ball, water, shin guards, pinnies, sticks, etc.);
- Coach is the only person to place/ pick up/ touch cones, discs, or other essential training equipment (“the Equipment”) and is responsible for disinfecting the Equipment before and after training.
- Coach and or Staff is responsible to conduct temperature screens prior to any practice
- Coaches and or Staff upon arrival to training must ask each athlete if they are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. If the athlete has any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 he/she should be sent home and instructed to contact their healthcare provider as soon as possible. In addition, coaches / staff should be required to fill out at the beginning of each session the Athlete/ Coach Monitoring Form (the Wellness Form”) Appendix II
- Coaches and staff must follow State, local and College guidelines for face coverings.
- Ensure that your child is healthy.
- Check your child’s temperature frequently and ask whether they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID -19. For a complete list of COVID-19 see Centers for Disease Control and Prevention / Symptoms of Coronavirus
- Fill out the Ophir waiver which releases and indemnifies Ophir / SFNY/ Manhattanville, its shareholders, officers, owners, agents, members, employees from all liabilities and assumes all risks of exposure directly or indirectly of any and all communicable disease, including but not limited to the virus (SASRS-CoV-2) which is responsible for the COVID-19 and/or any mutation or variation thereof Appendix III
- Avoid carpooling if social distance can’t be enforced
- Notify your coach/ Club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason
- Parents/caregivers are not permitted on or near the fields at any time
- Parents must park in the designated area and remain in the car. If there is a need to be outside their car, parents/ caregivers must wear a face mask and must adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Ensure that all child’s clothing and equipment are washed and/or sanitized before and after each training.
- Wear a mask before and immediately after your training session. Players must get out of their cars wearing a mask
- Sanitize hands prior to and after all training sessions
- Observe at all times the separation of the Pods established by the Coach and make certain to place all of your belongings at least 6 ft apart
- Practice social distance requirements as per return to play Guidelines.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment
- Stay home if you don’t feel well
- Follow the rules for arrival and dismissal and do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to training
- Leave the field immediately following the completion of training
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after activities. Follow the CDS recommendations for washing hands
- No high five’s, handshakes or group celebrations are permitted
- Do not share water or equipment and do not bring food. You must bring your own water and only water is allowed.
- Adhere to all return to play protocols provided herein and from Federal, State, local authorities, regulatory agencies and your Club
- Stay home if you don’t feel well. Do not come if you do not feel comfortable
Each Phase lasts approximately two weeks unless it is modified. In addition, guidelines from the NCAA and the NFHS and the SMAC should be followed.
- Parents / caregivers must remain in their cars at all times and only park in the designated area. Drop and go will be strongly encouraged.
- No access allowed to Manhattanville buildings including but not limited to the Ophir/ NYSC offices, Kennedy Gym, Castle etc.
- No access to bathrooms and or portable bathrooms.
- No access to hydration or refreshment stations. College buildings are off limits.
- Upon arrival to training coaches or staff must take their own and the players temperatures and fill out the Wellness Form attached hereto as Appendix II. If the athlete has any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, they must be sent home and instructed to contact their healthcare provider as soon as possible. The athlete will need a clearance letter / communication from their healthcare provider to be allowed to return to play.
- Athletes must have completed the Ophir waiver which releases Ophir / SFNY/ Manhattanville, its shareholders, officers, members, agents, employees, owners from all liabilities and assume all risks of exposure directly or indirectly of any and all communicable disease, including but not limited to the virus (SASRS-CoV-2) which is responsible for the COVID-19 and/or any mutation or variation thereof Appendix IV
- Athletes should maintain social distancing guidelines during arrival and departure from training. Athletes will arrive using the walkway between Manhattanville turf and Ophir turf and will departure be using the walkway between Ophir turf and the baseball field. Must followed the marked pathway.
- Athletes will work in groups of 10 or less (9 players and 1 coach or trainer or 8 players and 2 coaches or trainers), hereinafter referred as the “Pods”
- Pods should remain together with minimal changes during Phase 1.
- Trainings will have proper social distancing for each player and the coach at all times during the training.
- Trainings are limited to non-contact activities (i.e. individual skill, fitness, etc.)
- No physical contact including but not limited to huddles, handshakes, high fives, etc.
- The max #s of allowed Pods is 5 per field
- The equipment should be disinfected before and after the training and should be only handled by the coach, trainer or staff
- Balls must not be handled with their hands, by any athlete, with the exception of the goalkeeper with gloves on.
- Athletes must bring their own equipment and properly sanitize the equipment after every training session (i.e. ball, stick, shin guards, gloves)
- Athletes must use their own water bottle, towel and any other personal hygiene products.
- Coaches must maintain social distancing from all participants at all times and wear masks as long as they are still recommended by the State of New York.
- Games and or scrimmages are not allowed on Phase 1
- All drills, exercises should be adjusted to ensure a minimum of 6ft distance between athletes.
- Athletes/ Parents / Staff can’t assist coach or trainer with the equipment before or after training
- Athletes/ Coaches/ Trainers/ Staff/ Parents must follow guidelines set forth in Phase 1 above except that the Pods can be in larger groups
- The max # of participants per Pod is 30 and there can’t be more than 4 Pods per training session per field
- More organized group activity is allowed
- Games and or scrimmages are not allowed
- All rules stated in Phase 1 will be followed with the exceptions provided below
- Athletes will be permitted to return to game play and contact activities.
- Repetitive handling of share equipment is permitted
- Visiting teams must provide a list of all players traveled to site with their temperature readings and should be notified that restrooms are not available on site and no access to buildings and/or vending machines
- Visiting teams should provide a statement certifying that all athletes have been in good health for the last 14 days
- Any player, coach, staff, parent, guardian, caretaker, trainer (the “Individual”) who has tested positive for COVID-19 must be symptom free after 14 days and cleared by a physician before entering the College and being able to participate
Any asymptomatic Individual who has been exposed to a person with a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19 will be restricted from participation for at least 14 days and monitored for any symptoms consistent with the virus before being allowed to enter the College.
If asymptomatic after 14 days since the last exposure, the Individual can return to participation provided he/ she has a physician clearance letter/ communication.
As per CDC guidelines exposure means any of the following
- Caring for a person with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection
- Living in the same household as a person with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection
- Being within 6 feet of a person with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection (being coughed on, sneezed on or sharing a bottle or other item)
- Any Individual reporting or demonstrating symptoms or illness at any point will be prohibited from entering the College and must seek guidance from the Individual physician before returning.
The Individual should complete the Report COVID-19 Form - Appendix IV –
The information in this Protocol is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should seek advice from medical professionals and/or public health official if you have specific questions about your return to training and competition. It is important to remember that this protocol may change from time to time to fully comply with Federal, State and Local health authorities and guidelines